San Francisco International Airport renews at Level 3 Optimisation
October 17, 2017
“Being a leader in environmental affairs requires the engagement of the entire San Francisco International Airport community to achieve our sustainability goals.
Examples of this approach include:
• Electric ground power and pre-conditioned air for parked aircraft, allowing airlines to use less jet fuel while on the ground
• Construction of the AirTrain, an electric-powered light rail system, eliminating over 600 daily bus trips
• Funding support to extend the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) system directly into the airport
• Creation of a Clean Vehicle Policy to promote the use of low emission vehicles by ground transportation providers and airport departments
• Incentive programs for employees to use public transit for their commute to work
For SFO, achieving Level 3 of Airport Carbon Accreditation represents a significant step towards our goal to become carbon neutral.”
Way to go SFO! Congrats on your renewal!