How to achieve it?
To achieve this level of accreditation an airport must:
- Submit a verified carbon footprint for Scope 1 and 2 emissions and all relevant categories of Scope 3 emissions as per requirements of the GHG Protocol Scope 3 Guidance
- Reach and maintain ≥ 90% absolute CO₂ emissions reductions in Scope 1 and 2, and commit to Net Zero in Scope 3 by 2050 or sooner
- Apply credible carbon removals for the residual emissions
- Develop a Carbon Management Plan (CMP) outlining the steps to achieve emissions targets,
- Develop a Stakeholder Partnership Plan to achieve Net Zero for Scope 3 emissions by engaging with the value chain and actively drive third parties at the airport towards delivering emissions reductions themselves with regular milestones in line with their sectors Net Zero frameworks and commitments