As a hallmark of European airports’ commitment to reducing their carbon emissions, Airport Carbon Accreditation has received the official patronage of the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) and the European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation (EUROCONTROL).
The administration of Airport Carbon Accreditation is overseen by an independent Advisory Board, with participation from institutions that have endorsed the programme, as well as other relevant organisations which have expressed an interest. The members of the Advisory Board play an active role in monitoring the progress of Airport Carbon Accreditation.
The Advisory Board is comprised of many distinguished, independent experts from the fields of aviation and environment, including:
- Mr Patrick Gandil, ECAC (European Civil Aviation Conference)
- Mr Frank Benner, Director General, EUROCONTROL
- Mrs Martina Otto, Head of Policy Unit - Energy Branch, UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme)
- Mr Matthew Baldwin, Director of Air Transport, DG Mobility & Transport, European Commission
- Mr Tim Johnson, Director of Aviation Environment Federation
- Mr Damien Meadows, Head of Unit for International Carbon Market, Aviation and Maritime, DG Climate Action, European Commission
- Professor Callum Thomas, Centre for Air Transport and the Environment at Manchester Metropolitan University
ICAO Focal Point: Ms Jane Hupe, Head of Environment, ICAO